OXFORD ANATOMY COURSE FOR UROLOGISTS AND GYNAECOLOGISTS
Anatomy is one of the cornerstones of safe surgical practice. Confidence in performing surgical operations and in interpreting information from radiological images requires a sound knowledge and understanding of anatomy.
This course is for consultants and sub-specialty trainees in urology and gynaecology. It aims to cover applied surgical and radiological anatomy of relevance for abdominal and pelvic surgery. The emphasis is very much directed towards the anatomy of specific operative procedures, complemented by radiological anatomy of specific relevance.
The course is centered around procedure specific workstations consisting of anatomical dissections, video footage, anatomical and radiological images and devices relevant to the procedure. Delegates will perform dissection on fresh frozen cadavers. Facilities for laparoscopic skills training, including laparoscopic suturing, will also be available.
- John Reynard, Consultant Urological Surgeon, The Churchill Hospital, Oxford
- Simon Jackson, Consultant Urogynaecologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Mark Slack, Consultant Urogynaecologist, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Natalia Price, Consultant Urogynaecologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Paul Moran, Consultant Urogynaecologist, Worcester Acute Hospitals NHS, Trust, Worcester
- Jonathan Nicholls, Consultant Urogynaecologist, Horton Hospital, Oxford
- Alex Slack, Consultant Urogynaecologist, Royal Tunbridge Wells Hospital, Kent
- Philip Toozs-Hobson, Consultant Gynaecologist, Birmingham Women’s Hospital, Birmingham
- Christian Phillips, Consultant Urogynaecologist, North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke
- Karen Guerrero, Consultant Urogynaecologist , Southern General Hospital, Glasgow
- Angus Thompson, Consultant Gynaecologist, Kiddermister Hospital
Medical Sciences Building, University Science Park
South Parks Road,
Oxford OX1 3RF